The Transformation of Search Summit: Strategy and tactics to harness the next generation of search marketing
On October 19, ClickZ will host The Transformation of Search Summit in New York City, in partnership with Search Engine Watch and Catalyst. Dedicated to the key trends affecting consumer behavior and search marketing today, this one-day event will provide a host of insights and practical tips for business leaders, senior marketers and search specialists.
The importance of search as a medium for connecting with consumers cannot be understated, and the facts certainly substantiate this:
- Over $90 billion were spent on search advertising in the US in 2017
- 93% of online journeys begin with a search engine
- 96% of Google’s annual revenues come from search ads
And yet, pinning down exactly what search is can be a difficult endeavor. In essence, search arises at moments of need or desire; when people want to know, do, or go, they reach out to a search engine.
These moments are increasingly fragmented across devices at home, at work, and on the go.
While the commercial opportunity that search provides is rising, it is no longer a text-only medium and Google is seeing some competition from the likes of Amazon and Pinterest. Many voice-based searches do not involve a screen, while visual search uses images as an input to deliver results.
The underlying nature of search remains constant; people want answers or suggestions and brands compete to provide them.
However, marketers must keep pace with these developments and acquire new skills if they want to deliver the experiences the modern consumer demands.
The pace of change in search is only accelerating over time, and those who do not evolve in line with the industry will be left behind.
The Transformation of Search Summit, which will be held at Convene on W 46th Street, will cut through the noise to provide actionable insights on the trends that are transforming search today.
Comprised of talks by specialists from across the technology landscape, the event will go much deeper than the standard platitudes to discuss the points that will transform search over the coming months and years. Furthermore, each session will contain a list of tips that marketers can apply at their company today to drive better results.
This applies equally to organic search and to paid search, with some core themes cutting across both marketing media.
Key Themes at The Transformation of Search Summit
- The new customer journey Customer journeys are increasingly fragmented; simultaneously, consumers expect cohesion in their interactions with brands. This event will look at how these journeys have changed, including some new research from ClickZ and Catalyst, before delving into the ways marketers should prepare to take advantage.
- Voice search Digital assistants, driven by artificial intelligence, are an increasingly prominent feature in our homes and on mobile devices. In fact, there are now over 1 billion voice searches per month and this number will only rise over the coming years. But just how big an impact is voice having on search in real terms? What are the specific strategies brands need to apply to avail of this trend?
- The rise of Amazon and Amazon Marketing Services
As Amazon’s online retail dominance grows, what impact will it have on the consumer’s path to purchase; how should search marketers respond; and what opportunities does Amazon Marketing Services offer?
- Blockchain and the decentralized economy We will explore what impact this new technology is already having on marketing, and what search marketers should be on the lookout for as this powerful technology gains traction in every aspect of online interactions.
- Unlocking the power of AI AI is here to stay. It’s transforming our world and revolutionizing businesses. In fact, Gartner estimates that by 2020, 85% of customer interactions will be managed without a human. Leveraging automated bidding solutions, discovering advanced methods for audience targeting, and understanding key considerations around AI opportunities such as voice search, digital assistants and chatbot are just the tip of the iceberg.
- Data protection and privacy With the recent string of data breaches and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into effect in Europe, data protection and privacy has made its way into the headlines of most newspapers and the minds of all marketers. What are the latest data regulations that you need to be aware of; what can we expect to see coming into effect over the next 12 months; and how can you balance compliance with operationalization to deliver the experiences customers expect?
- Visual search and ecommerce Pinterest has the highest average order value ($50) of any major social platform with nearly 2 million people pinning products every day. With the rise of mobile and movement to voice, image search is often overlooked, but is an important part of your modern search marketing mix. How can you take advantage this trend and what actionable steps do you need to take on Pinterest and other visual search platforms?
- The changing nature of leadership With all this change it is important to take a step back and look at what you should be doing in the short, medium and long-term. Here we will explore the cultural, structural and practical steps business leaders can take to manage budgets, empower their teams and ultimately ensure that they balance risk with reward.
Who should attend?
The Transformation of Search Summit is aimed at business leaders and search professionals, with a split focus on strategy and tactics. Attendees have already been confirmed from companies including Marriott, Price Waterhouse Coopers, and Kaiser Permanente.
How can I sign up?
For more information and to sign up for the October 19 event, please click here. Super saver rates are available until June 22 and early bird rates will be open until September 14.
The post The Transformation of Search Summit: Strategy and tactics to harness the next generation of search marketing appeared first on ClickZ.