If you’re a YouTube creator asking yourself, “Why am I not getting views on YouTube Shorts?” then don’t worry, you’re about to find your quick fix in this article!
So what are YouTube Shorts? How do they work? And what are the key mistakes you may be making that are causing your Shorts to not grab your audience’s attention?
Why Am I Not Getting Views on YouTube Shorts?
Publishing in the wrong format, algorithm changes, hashtags, and not having an IMMEDIATE “Wow!” factor could be one of many reasons your YouTube Shorts aren’t getting views.
What are YouTube Shorts? How Do They Work?
Introduced in 2020, YouTube Shorts are short form videos (under 60 seconds) created to rival other popular short form video platforms like TikTok and Instagram reels.
They allow YouTube creators to create engaging short form videos that can quickly capture a user’s attention and boost the platform’s engagement and reach.
So how do YouTube Shorts work?
All you have to do is upload a short video to YouTube lasting under 60 seconds! Uploading a YouTube Short can be done from the YouTube mobile app using the Shorts camera feature.
Related Article at WorkFromYourLaptop.com!
Check out “Can You Embed YouTube Videos Without Permission?” to see what steps you should take when placing YouTube content into your blog!
Are You Using the Correct Shorts Format?
Always publish your YouTube shorts in vertical format. If you’re using horizontal video then you’re not taking advantage of the mobile viewing window and your viewers will notice instantly and bounce!
YouTube Shorts are all about mobile viewing!
Remember way back when you’d make fun of someone if they were shooting video vertically? Not anymore!
TikTok and Instagram reels have taught us to maximize the view space we have on mobile and shoot our videos vertically!
Get with the times! Especially for short videos, shooting vertically is the way to go!
Do you have horizontal video that you’d love to repurpose for your YouTube Shorts? Check out this video!
You Gotta Grab Your Audience’s Attention Early!
You have around 3-5 seconds to grab your audience’s attention in a YouTube short! This is make or break time when it comes to your Shorts getting views. There’s several ways to do this.
- Start with a hook. The opening seconds of your YouTube short need to start with something provocative, an attention grabbing question, an intriguing fact, anything that draws them in.
- Use a visual or auditory cue. A loud sound effect or a bold, attention grabbing graphic can be a great way to get your audience’s attention and heighten their curiosity as to what’s coming next.
- Make it visually appealing. Experiment with different color schemes, camera angles, lighting, and editing elements to make the first few seconds of your Short stand out from the crowd!
- Get to the point! Let your audience know exactly what they’re about to see so they know they’re in the right place. Don’t beat around the bush! Hit them with the facts early and they’ll stay for more.
- Know your audience. If you know what your audience likes, you’ll know how to keep their attention. Make sure you’re relevant and engaging, speaking directly to them.
Get Your Hashtags Right
Just like with instagram, using relevant hashtags can dramatically increase your Shorts’ views.
Hashtags help your video pop up in search results and make it easier to find your content.
If there’s one hashtag you NEED to attach to all your YouTube Shorts it’s this one: #shorts.
Always use relevant hashtags that directly apply to the content of your short. Check out what’s trending and popular and never use a hashtag that doesn’t apply.
Not All YouTube Shorts Take Off Overnight
Yes, when YouTube Shorts first came out it was possible for a vid to instantly go viral. And while this is still always possible it’s important to give your Shorts time to get their views.
- Algorithm changes. With the YouTube algorithm always changing it’s possible that your content gets recommended to a smaller audience, meaning less views.
- Always pay attention to trending and popular topics. When you see what’s trending, jump on that bandwagon! There’s a massive audience interested in that topic so try to cash in!
- Competition. With more and more YouTube creators publishing Shorts this means more and more competition. Don’t get upset if your Short takes a while to hit it’s stride!
- Timing. Always pay attention to when your audience is online. If you post your Short when most of your audience is online you have a better chance of engagement and the algorithm boosting its recommendations.
- Quality. If your Short is dimly lit or hard to watch it simply won’t get the views you’re looking for.
Related Article at WorkFromYourLaptop.com!
Looking to create consistent revenue online? Check out my newly updated review of the training platform I owe all my success to! Straightforward, affordable, and FREE to test drive, this is the training that delivered for me!
YouTube Shorts are on the rise! Using the right shooting format, getting your hashtags right, and grabbing your audience’s attention FAST will all help your YouTube Shorts get the views they deserve.
Have you started uploading and publishing YouTube shorts to your YouTube channel? Have you had a YouTube short go viral?
Let me know your experiences and questions in the comments section below! I love hearing what you have to say and I always respond!
Why Am I Not Getting Views on YouTube Shorts?Not getting enough views to your YouTube Shorts? Check out the reasons why and how to fix them!
How Do I Get a Client from Fiverr as a Beginner?How do you get your first clients from Fiverr as a beginner? It’s all about high quality work and standing out from the competition. I’ll show you how!
Wealthy Affiliate Review 2023 – One Step Forward or Two Steps Back?Are the very recent large scale updates to Wealthy Affiliate a step in the right direction or a giant fall backward? These numbers don’t lie!
Is Affiliate Marketing Worth It in 2023? 13 Reasons to Get Started!Here are 13 Reasons why affiliate marketing needs to be on your radar if you’re looking to cash in on the world’s obsession with buying online!
Should I Travel the World Alone?Asking yourself “Should I travel the world alone?” The answer is YES! I’ll show you how to make solotraveling safe and easy even for beginners!
The post Why Am I Not Getting Views on YouTube Shorts? appeared first on WORK FROM YOUR LAPTOP.